At our med spa in Barrington, IL, microneedling can help individuals of all skin types to experience safe and effective skin tightening. Using the distinctive blue SkinPen®, our medically-trained, licensed esthetician can produce smoother, more youthful looking skin with microneedling treatments.
Skin Rejuvenation With SkinPen
When it comes to science, versatility, and recovery time, the SkinPen advantage is clear. SkinPen’s state-of-the-art technology is designed to rejuvenate a variety of skin types with little downtime.
How do you know if microneedling is right for you? This treatment is a good solution if you’re interested in:
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- A safe solution with little recovery time
- A minimally-invasive procedure
- Ongoing maintenance of healthy skin
Some patients may prefer skin rejuvenation treatments with AquaGold®, a microneedling alternative that injects a customized skincare solution directly into the skin. Others may benefit from Plasma Pen treatments, which use energized plasma gas to create precise microinjuries in the skin. Or ask about Dermalinfusion, a noninvasive treatment that can treat a range of skin conditions from head to toe.
Meet Dr. Renee Burke
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Burke creates exceptional results by combining the skill of an accomplished plastic surgeon with empathy and compassion.
What to Expect
What can you expect from a microneedling procedure?
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your specific needs, your provider may apply a topical numbing agent to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- A short procedure time. Procedure time may range from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling just the slight vibration of SkinPen® during the procedure.
- Mild post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will apply Skinfuse® RESCUE Calming Complex immediately post-procedure. RESCUE was formulated by Bellus Medical as part of the Skinfuse® post-procedure protocol specifically for post-microneedling to calm the skin.
- A plan for optimal results. Your clinician will recommend a course of procedures (typically 3 to 6) appropriate for your skin’s needs and request you return within 4 to 6 weeks for your next procedure to ensure optimal results.
- A post-procedure skin care regimen to optimize your results. Your clinician will provide you with a concise, easy-to-use skincare regimen formulated specifically to your needs.
- Beautiful, lasting results.
Results With Little Downtime
You can return to normal activities and conceal most of the mild side effects with makeup, if desired, after just 1 day. In a few days, you should see the beautiful results from your SkinPen procedure.
If you’re ready to find out more about microneedling, request a consultation at the Med Spa at Renee Burke, M.D. , or call our office at
(847) 382-4400 to schedule your appointment.
Looking good just got easier! Our Burke Perks in-house rewards program is designed to help you relax, rejuvenate, and renew your look for less. Save on plastic surgery and med spa services, take advantage of comprehensive consultations, and access exclusive events.